Next: Stopping criteria
Up: The family of CLEAN
Previous: The family of CLEAN
The family of CLEAN algorithms is based on the a priori
assumption that the sky intensity distribution is a collection of point
sources. The algorithms have three main steps
- of the residual map to the dirty map;
- and of the clean component list to a NULL (i.e. zero)
- Iterative search
- for point sources on the residual map. As those
point sources are found,
- they are subtracted from the residual map;
- and then they are logged in the clean component list.
- of the clean map 1) by convolution of the clean
component list with the clean beam, i.e. a Gaussian whose size matches
the synthesized beam size and 2) by addition of the residual map.