next up previous index
Next: GAINS section Up: SIC variable corresponding to Previous: DATA section   Index

MONITOR section

The MONITOR section describes all parameters associated with the data. MONITOR data are recorded independently from the backend data (DATA section). The interpolation of data associated parameters at the backend timestamps is written into the data substructure of the DATA section (see above).


Each frontend-backend combination has its own MONITOR section, i.e. MON1%HEADER and MON1%DATA for frontend-backend combination 1, MON2%HEADER and MON2%DATA for frontend-backend combination 2, etc.


Weather data and load temperatures are expected to be monitored several times per scan. For the time being, there is only one entry per imbFits file (except for HERA cold load temperatures).


MON1 S
MON1%HEADER S
MON1%HEADER%DATE_OBS C*23 observing date in TIMESYS
system
MON1%HEADER%FOCOBS_X_Y_Z 3 D mm X,Y,Z focus correction
MON%HEADER%IAOBS_CAOBS_IEOBS 3 D arcsec Pointing corrections, to be added
to IA (P1), CA (P2) and IE (P7).
In old 30m control system terms:
IAOBS = NULA,
CAOBS = COL*,
IEOBS = NULE
MON1%HEADER%OBSNUM I observation number
MON1%HEADER%SCANNUM I scan number
MON1%DATA S
MON1%DATA%REFRACTIO D arcsec refraction correction
MON1%DATA%THOTCOLD $1 \times 2$ D K hot & cold load temperature
MON1%DATA%TAMB_P_HUMID $1 \times 3$ D C, hPa, % ambient temperature,
pressure and rel. humidity
MON1%DATA%ANTENNA_AZ_EL 2 D deg SAZM & SELV from old
control system
MON1%DATA%LONGOFF $n_{\rm slow}$ D deg long. offset from source in
user native frame
MON1%DATA%LATOFF $n_{\rm slow}$ D deg lat. offset from source in
user native frame
MON1%DATA%BASLONG $n_{\rm slow}$ D deg actual long. in astronomical
basis frame, inc. wobbler
offsets
MON1%DATA%BASLAT $n_{\rm slow}$ D deg actual lat. in astronomical
basis frame, inc. wobbler
offsets
MON1%DATA%PARANGLE $n_{\rm slow}$ D deg parallactic angle
MON%DATA%PHI_X_Y_Z $n_{\rm subr} \times 3$ D deg Phi (subrefl. rotation) X, Y, Z
(see MBFITS manual)
MON1%DATA%FOCUS_X_Y_Z $n_{\rm subr} \times 4 $ D focus offsets and timestamp:
mm X subreflector position
mm Y subreflector position
mm Z subreflector position
day MJD timestamp in IMBF-
subreflector binary table
MON1%DATA%DFOCUS_X_Y_Z $n_{\rm subr} \times 3$ D mm focus (subreflector position)
offsets X, Y, Z
MON1%DATA%TRACKING_AZ_EL $n_{\rm fast} \times 2$ D deg antenna tracking errors in
azimuth and elevation
MON1%DATA%ENCODER_AZ_EL $n_{\rm fast} \times 3$ D encoder azimuth & elevation
and timestamp
deg encoder azimuth
deg encoder elevation
day MJD time of IMBF-antenna
binary table (fast track)
MON1%DATA%MJD $n_{\rm slow}$D day MJD time of IMBF-antenna
binary table (slow track)

The MON structure only contains data that are used for interpolation. Daten taken e.g. between subsequent subscans, before scan start or after scan end do not have a SIC copy, except for the encoder values and tracking errors, written into structure ANTENNA. This structure is activated together with the MON structure (i.e. upon MIRA\VARIABLE mon), and contains (with $n_{\rm allFast} \ge n_{\rm fast}$):


ANTENNA%TRACKING_AZ_EL $n_{\rm allFast} \times 2$ D deg antenna tracking errors in
azimuth and elevation
ANTENNA%ENCODER_AZ_EL $n_{\rm allFast} \times 3$ D encoder azimuth & elevation
and timestamp
deg encoder azimuth
deg encoder elevation
day MJD timestamp


next up previous index
Next: GAINS section Up: SIC variable corresponding to Previous: DATA section   Index
Gildas manager 2018-10-16